1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Magnaflow vs Flowmaster

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by atxhookem, Jul 14, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. atxhookem

atxhookem New Member

Get some thoughts out there. I used to have an 01 Silverado which I put Flowmasters on. I was in love with the deep rich tone. On my newer 08 Silverado, when I went to add the Flowmasters on, I was warned by the mechanic that Flowmasters were getting tons of unhappy folks with the sound it gave when the truck went from 8 cyl to 4 cyl. He strongly suggested that I go with Magnaflow, which I did.

The sound is produces is "okay", a "B". I am not in love with the sound as I was with the Flowmasters on my 01.

My question is, am I better on with a "B" sounding Magnaflow, or should I have gone with the Flowmasters????
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Theres been alot of members on this site complain about the same issue. I think, key word here THINK someone on this site installed a Corsa exhaust that was designed for the DOD engines.
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I do remember reading that the Coras is tuned for the DOD. They are not cheap!!
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

yeah the magnaflows are a quieter rumble until you punch it, but lots of complaints on sound with cylinder DOD. Same as stated above on the Corsa
  5. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

X2, the Magna Flows & the Flowmasters sound equally good according to all the members who have used these. The problem is not with the mufflers, but the fact that the engines just sound like sh!t when they switch to 4 cyl. Can't give an opinion on the Corsas cuz I haven't ridden in one with a Corsa when it switched over to 4 cyl & also can't figure out how they could chamber it so it would sound good on both 4 & 8. Anybody else know this??
  6. Silverado325

Silverado325 New Member

Just picked up a Flowmaster 50 delta, and a nice stainless magnaflow tip. Now just need to install it
  7. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I love my Flowmaster but then again I do not have to worry about my engine switching to 4 cylinders. If it does, I have more to worry about than the engine sounding like sh!t.
  8. jbjones240

jbjones240 New Member 100 Posts

Magnaflow is going to be my future purchase but it really comes down to what tone you like.

-JJ
  9. nmc2010

nmc2010 New Member

i agree with jb. i mean i have a flowmaster super 40 duel in duel out on my 03. i like it but i'm not a huge fan. my other truck had duel glasspacks and i love glasspacks because of that. i prefer glasspacks over anything
  10. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member 100 Posts

Just throwin my two cents out there, but while cruisin down the interstate and the truck kicks into 4 cylinders enjoy the switch over. Course to me it sounds like a prop plane at cruising speed, but I also have aviation on the brain. In all honesty, the wife likes the sound too as the deeper tone lulls her to sleep on long trips. Just goes to show there's different strokes for different folks!