Maintenance items from the Walmart

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 2COR517, Jun 26, 2009.

1. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

So, I've been buying my oil, filters, grease, etc from Walmart for years. Valvoline MaxLife synthetic blend oil, and Fram filters. Regular ordinary orange box. I did switch from the general purpose grease to the multi complex, or whatever they call it. The red stuff.

Am I practicing false economy here? Should I be buying AC Delco or Napa filters, and name brand grease? Every time I'm in Napa, I look at that oil filter comparison display and think maybe I should switch.

Any thoughts?

2. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My opinion is no one should by anything from walmart. I have never even been in one and never will. They are the worst thing for our country & econemy and treat their employees like dirt. Sorry I get worked up over that piece of crap store....

Fram filters are not that good, Wix filters are better and you can buy at your local parts store. The best oil filters on the market though are Donaldson endurance and AMSOIL Ea filters.

As far as grease goes there is a diffrece in the cheap no name grease and better name brand grases.

Here is a good link: http://walmartwatch.com/

3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I work for Sam's Club, and Idk about Walmart, but Sam's Club is great towards its employees. Regular 15min breaks, great superiors, etc.. I work in the tire dept., and they give us all the free iced down drinks we can handle, and my supervisor has even paid for everyone's lunch one day.

But I buy oil from Walmart when Autozone isn't running a special. I always buy Pennzoil, and I usually buy the Fram filters. I've never had any trouble from them.

4. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul Rockstar 100 Posts

royal purple, or mobil 1 are my preferable choices as they are the best oil we can get here regularily in canada.

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Even if you go and get the results from independent testing on oils, they all are pretty much the same, its the same thing for Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge etc. etc. etc. its your personnal preference. I have used standard 10w30 valvoline in my vehicles for as long as I have had a license along with fram filters and no problems. Just buy what you want from where you want.

6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

walmart sux.

only some of there stuff is good.