1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

maintenance required? -- 2008 Silverado, only 41K miles

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by aftriathlete, Nov 6, 2013.

1. aftriathlete

aftriathlete New Member

Due to deployments and TDYs, my 2008 Silverado has only 41K miles. Aside from oil changes and having the transmission fluid changed when my leaking rear main seal was replaced, I haven't hit any of the mileage thresholds for scheduled maintenance yet. So weighing the age against the mileage, any opinions on what scheduled maintenance should I bump up and accomplish now? Especially concerning fluids, I'm not having any issues but do transfer case/brake/power steering/radiator fluid, etc. have a life span, regardless of mileage? Thanks.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I would do a coolant flush. That stuff has a life of around 5 years and is known to corrode the crap out of things. I would also change the fluid in your diffs and T-case. I think that t-case is recommended at 50,000 anyway. As far as brake fluid and ps fluid. You will not hurt anything changing them. I would consider it.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

Pretty much what [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION] said. They have been in for a few years so doesnt hurt to change them.