Maintenance

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by z3ro, Mar 17, 2010.

1. z3ro

z3ro Rockstar 100 Posts

What do you guys usually recommend for regular maintenance as far as fluids and plugs go? Oil, auto trans, plugs, wires, etc.

2. z3ro

z3ro Rockstar 100 Posts

seriously, no replies?

3. TFisher

TFisher Member

I do oil at 2500 Miles, check air filter every other oil change and replace if it looks dingy. Lube every oil change & brake job.

ATF every 50,000 miles, Antifreeze every three years and with every waterpump. Brake fluid every year.

Brake pads when they start squealing.

Tune up when ever she starts "hard starting"

Check plugs at every tune up and I change them when they look really black.

Wires every 100,000 miles

Check PCV once a year, check all vacuum lines when I get bored.

Everything else I fix when it breaks.

I may have left something out, but I think that covers it.

Regards,

Thomas

4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

He pretty much summed it up.

5. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Yep..unless your out beating the crap out of it..Then I would change the oil sooner.

6. z3ro

z3ro Rockstar 100 Posts

Sorry, maybe i phrased my question wrong. I meant more a long the lines of what products. What brand oil, plugs, etc. Synthetic/reg oil? What ATF?

7. TFisher

TFisher Member

Oh OKAY!

I always always use Mobil 1 synthetic, I'm going to be trying Royal Purple and then AMSoil this year and I'll keep you posted. In the mean time, Mobil 1 is a great oil, it does a wonderful job of keeping your engine young.

ATF: I use valvoline high mileage, but I've heard people recommend Mobil 1 synthetic ATF. Your guess is a good as mine.

Power Steering Fluid: Royal Purple Maz-EZ power steering fluid, it makes the P/S feel like butter.

Plugs: Bosch +4 for the 4.3, +2 for the 2.2 (The +4's will melt your pistions in the 2.2 according to the guy at Advanced Auto)

Cap & Button: The best brand you can get. Napa's Echlin sucks now that it's made in Mexico. I'm going back to ACDelco with my next tune-up.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Thomas

8. z3ro

z3ro Rockstar 100 Posts

These trucks will really take Bosch 4's? wow, everyones always told me those things run like ass in anything but euro trash............ sorry, i mean cars

9. TFisher

TFisher Member

LOL. :)

Lots of people tell me they have bad luck with them, but I put them in at 100,000 miles and I'm now at 150K and they're still running great. Smooth idle, less ping, I have heard an owner of a 1989 Blazer tell me he had the same good luck with them.
    If you want to be safe, use ACDelcos because they're tried and true. ACDelco spark plugs are truly awesome, but for me, the Bosch's have run extremely smooth -- as for the longevity, we'll just have to see.

Regards,

Thomas

10. z3ro

z3ro Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks dude. Ill prob go with the Delcos, only because:

A) Ive never had good luck with bosch's
    B) Bosch 4s are hella expensive