1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Major hands free problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by TexasTechRaider, Jul 8, 2012.

1. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

When I try and use the hands free future it makes a horrible high pitch noise. I can here her talking but that noise is so loud. It does it for Bluetooth and even when trying to use OnStar. Anybody have an idea what could be causing it? The noise comes through the speakers. I'll post a video to YouTube soon and then post it here so everyone can see as well.

2. TexasTechRaider

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It's a feed-back problem (noise inside the truck is being picked up by the mic, amplified and coming back into the truck from the speakers).

What could be running, inside the cab, that would product a noise?

4. TexasTechRaider

Nothing I can think of, it never did this until recently and nothing has changed inside.

5. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Did you change phones?

Could the phone mic be turned on so the feed-back is being picked up there?

Did you try with the phone bluetooth turned off?

6. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

are you an emt or firefighter with a pager or scanner? radar detector? all might be causing feedback interference

7. TexasTechRaider

I did change phones but just updated to the new iPhone but fell in the lake yesterday. :( so now I'm back on my old one and it stopped. Thanks guys for the responses. I'm going to ATT saturday hopefully and purchasing a new phone so hopefully it doesn't start again!

8. Attacksz

Attacksz Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I have a Aux chord that runs through my tape player, for my iPod, and it makes a similar noise when the radio is turned up when the iPod is playing. The noise mine makes isn't as obvious, but it's noticeable.

9. TexasTechRaider

Man it's annoying, at least I fixed it!

10. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Maybe an additional condenser or them whatcha ma call its that stop alternator noise and such.:rofl: