Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Major OIL leak intake manifold/head gasket on 2005 5.3 Z71

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by HeavyChevyTom, Jul 22, 2012.

1. HeavyChevyTom

HeavyChevyTom New Member

2005 1500 5.3 Vortec 4 Wheel Dr. Silverado Z71

Subject:
    Major OIL leak in intake manifold/head gasket on 2005 5.3 Z71

Oil is spraying under the intake manifold on the valley plate between the heads

Hello,
    I posted a few times here, but nothing like this. My engine has been leaking oil for a while. Now I opened up the hood to see oil all over the top of engine. Could this be a cracked head? What are the symptoms?

Oil in the valley leading to the intake manifold, which is also covered with oil.

I would appreciate any replies or suggestions. Thank you.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Start your truck and watch under the hood to see where its coming from...could be something minor or something big...just an idea :neutral:
  3. bazar01

bazar01 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I would clean it up as good as I can then watch where the oil is comg from while engine is running.
  4. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Thats what i meant! :great:
  5. billnorman

billnorman Rockstar 100 Posts

Oil runs down and back. It is leaking from the highest area that is wet. Clean and validate.