1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

malfunctioning gauge pod. 98 k1500

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by kawasaki_kid, Apr 17, 2011.

1. kawasaki_kid

kawasaki_kid Rockstar 100 Posts

issue started last night, the all the gauges and lights in my gauge pod went dead. non of the gauges worked, my two turn signal indicator lights were on steady(off outside the truck), and my brights indicator was on(brights were off). this was all with the lights on. with the lights off the gauges only partially function, everything was lower then it should be. eg. i had almost a full tank, and it showed less that half.

any suggestions as the the problem and the cure. i havent taken anytime to trouble shoot, but before i start id figure id ask, hoping someone has delt with it before.

thanks,
    Dave
  2. MikeGEE

MikeGEE New Member

alternator? I'd take it to a parts store and see if they can check your voltage reading. How old is the battery? Sometimes one or two ports can dry up and cause a simliar loss...
  3. kawasaki_kid

kawasaki_kid Rockstar 100 Posts

would a voltage loss cause such a specific malfunction though? all other electrical/electronic systems seem to be working properly.