Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Man in Frisco Texas ARRESTED for holding sign warning drivers of speed trap

Discussion in 'TX - North Texas Chevy Truck Club' started by ChevyFan, Jan 16, 2014.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Honestly, I think that this law is pretty absurd. If the goal is to slow drivers down, then what's the problem for someone holding a sign saying something like "POLICE AHEAD" or "SPEED TRAP" ... if the whole goal is to keep people safe, then there's not much to worry about.

Personally, it's not worth my time to do something like this, but IMHO this should be covered under the first amendment. Just like scalping tickets outside of a stadium ... cities shouldn't be passing such laws that just help the business that operates inside of the stadium.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24465...drivers-about-speed-traps-works-to-clear-name

Actually looks like this has happened a lot in Texas. Most of the people who are doing this don't look like Constitutional vanguards, more likely they got popped for speeding and they're ticket off and this is the only way to get back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Gup2fvfSs

Anyhow, it's just an interesting story. Thoughts?

Maybe he should have said something like "SLOW DOWN - KIDS AHEAD" or something like that.
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I don't think the lady should have been arrested for this, Texas has some strange laws period. In my community the police take a proactive approach to speeding, they post in the paper the areas they will be working daily, and keep busy with tickets in those areas, they park those machines that show you your actual speed at various locations and that helps, its helped me once or twice, far better than a ticket, and they post signs at various places that read zero tolerance traffic violations next 9 miles, the sign might stay up a week and be moved to another location. ( I like that, slow down kids ahead, great creative thinking.)
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Maybe it's just me, hehe, but that "man" has some pretty nice looking boobs Steve
  4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

yeah forgot the Wo...He he.. Ive been pulled over for flashing my lights warning oncoming traffic of a speedtrap. He must have seen my tailights go on then off (during the day). No tickets but he did say next time he will give me a ticket for obstructing justice. I still warn but make sure the they dont see me do it.:lol:What ever happened to just helping fellow man or in this case WOman out?
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Two different stories. Click the first link. I couldn't find a YouTube video to embed.
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

unless the person is somewhere that they are actually interfering with traffic then it just shows that they are in it purely for the revenue and not the safety.
    [MENTION=63509]summitwhite11[/MENTION], as far as those radar signs I have typically found those to show your speed as slower than actual, which means people may think their speedos are off and actually go faster. I actually asked a cop about this once and he tried stating that the city hires a group to calibrate them and not the pd, but then the pd tags people for speeding.
  7. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Reminds me of Roscoe P coletrain on Dukes of Hazzard changing the speed limit sign after they go through.:lol:
  8. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I hear that David, lots of cops cheat way bad, the great thing about our speed signs, they are unmanned and not monitored and the city owns them, our chief is just proactive about education as key to a safer driver and community, You can actually call the dept and request one be placed in your area for a couple of days, they are really cool signs, if your above the speed limit, the reds and blues start flashing and post your speed, its made me say uh ohhhhh a couple of times, lol.