Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Manditory Semi-annual inspections

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by squires, Mar 22, 2009.

1. squires

squires New Member

I know GM offers this BS, but is it manditory?
    Guy from the dealer-stealer just called said im over due for this inspection where they check fluid levels and air pressure. He said its manditory to keep the warranty valid, is there any truth to this?
    My truck has already been through 2 of these wastes of money and they want a 3rd with only 32000km's. [​IMG]

Anyone know if these are actually manditory or just a cash grab for cash straped dealers and company?

thanks in advanced

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have never had to do that with either of my trucks, I think it is probably a scam. My mom did that with her 1999 Cavalier for the first three times, and then she stopped doing it when they forgot to put the oil plug back in it and my mom almost ran the car dry of oil going to work. If I remember right they charged my mom around $125 for that inspection, so it definately wasn't cheap to do.

3. squires

squires New Member

I think it is a scam as well but looking for confirmation to make sure im not screwing myself out of warranty down the road
    Anyone else have any info?