1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Manual Shift 4WD 2014" Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mychevy2014, Feb 26, 2014.

1. mychevy2014

mychevy2014 New Member

I have a 2014 2500HD Silverado with manual shift 4 wheel drive. I can not shift into 4 wheel at speeds above 10 mile per hour, most of the time. It is difficult to shift even at a stop. I have had the truck back to the dealer twice with no improvement. Any suggestions on what maybe wrong. This is my third truck with a manual shift for the 4 wheel drive and have never had a problem with the other two.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

****THREAD MOVED****
    To The
    GENERAL CHEVY/GM TECH QUESTION

3. squatchy

squatchy Member 100 Posts

I had issues with a floor shifter in an 05 lly, dealer couldnt ever find anything wrong, the conveniently at around 108k the tranfer case went out. They did end covering something like 80% of cost since the truck had been in multiple times and nothing was ever found wrong.
  4. mychevy2014

mychevy2014 New Member

We had the truck back in this week with the same problem. The service manager said it was normal even though he had to jerk hard twice to get it in 4wd. He also said that the oil in the front axle doesn't warm up, too make it work easier, until it is driven a number of miles in 4wd. He also said you can't shift to 4wd unless you are stopped or accelerating......I think he has a bit of thick oil around the space where his brains should be.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

he is feeding you a line of bull about the oil in the front diff. The cold oil in the front diff has nothing to do with switching the T-case. AFTER you switch the t-case into 4x4 the front diff actuator then engages the front axle disconnect. Mechanically they are only joined by the front drive shaft.
  6. mychevy2014

mychevy2014 New Member

That's what I thought also. It was also on the documents that he gave me to prove his point....unfortunately it only showed he didn't know what he was talking about. Now if only we could figure out what the problem is and get it fixed
  7. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

How about an other dealer?

How about asking the service guy to take you for a drive in a new 2500 with a manual shift, if it is hard to shift, maybe he's right; but, I'm guessing it will be easy to shift.