1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

manual slide lock lever issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by TitanTn, Jan 27, 2014.

1. TitanTn

TitanTn New Member

I have a manual lock lever that popped out. Nothing is broken, all tabs are accounted for. It seems there's just not enough of the hole to grab. Any ideas on how to make this stay put?
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I had that issue on my Escalade EXT. The housing with the slide in it pops in the door skin and onto the rod and it seemed like the hole was too big for the the skin to catch on the tabs of the housing. that was the case with mine anyway. I got them to barely stay when I sold the truck...:lol:
  3. TitanTn

TitanTn New Member

Yeah. That's exactly what's going on. I'm going to have to figure out a solution other than selling my Yukon XL. I just bought it!
  4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

maybe try some pieces of tape to make the hole smaller for the tabs to catch.
  5. TitanTn

TitanTn New Member

Yeah, I was thinking of something like that, but I'm thinking tape will soften over time and let go, or harden over time and be brittle. There's got to be some kind of material that is pliable, but strong enough to "jam" the button in place. It's been too cold to think about it lately, but I hope to work on it this weekend.