1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Manual to Power

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Jarrett, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Rockstar 100 Posts

Does anyone have any idea about how hard it might be to put power windows and locks in my 98 Chevy K-1500, right now I have manual locks and windows. Can anyone explain how this can be done.
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

You should be able to search for it... It's not that hard... They make universal kits, or you can go to a salvage yard and get all the parts you'll need...
  3. Jarrett

I'm going to the salvage yard this weekend, I might get the power locks and windows, but can they easily be installed.
  4. TritonBoulder47

All the mounting locations should already be there... Just as long as you get it from the same model span that you currently have... Just take note on how you un-install it from the doner truck and you should be able to re-install it on your truck...
  5. Jarrett

Thanks for your help.
  6. TritonBoulder47

No prob man... Good luck!!!
  7. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Let us know how it turns out
  8. Jarrett

Sure will.