1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Manual Trans in a 06 Silverado?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by BlackJack1500, Oct 22, 2011.

1. BlackJack1500

BlackJack1500 New Member

I was looking around and saw this 06 Reg cab Silverado for sale. It has a manual transmission in it. Is this a special order of some sort? I have not seen too many trucks with the 4.8L and a manual transmission. If the price is right I might get it!:happy: Standard trans = Fun!
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The 2006" Silverado's Reg. Cab in the Base/Work and/or LS Trim, could be bought with Manual Transmission,

Work/Base Trim,

• 4.3L V6 or 4.8L V8 or 5.3L V8 or 5.3L V8 flex-fuel engine
    • Manual or automatic transmission
    • Up to 14 cty/20 hwy mpg
    • 4-wheel drive
    • Stability Control (Optional)
    • Traction Control (Optional)
    View All Features & Specs

LS Trim,

• 4.3L V6 or 4.8L V8 or 5.3L V8 or 5.3L V8 flex-fuel engine
    • Manual or Automatic Transmission
    • Up to 14 cty/20 hwy mpg
    • 4-wheel drive
    • Stability Control (Optional)
    • Traction Control (Optional)
    View All Features & Specs

3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

I agree. but the 5.3L cannot be had with a manual in any configuration. I tried to special order one as well.. there was no chance. but the 4.8L with a manual is a pretty powerful monster!
  4. Boonduff

Boonduff New Member

Not true! They could be ordered in large fleet purchases. If you have the money and order enough of them they'll pretty much build them anyway you want.