1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

manual transmission difficulty

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by ochoa1964, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ochoa1964

ochoa1964 New Member

I have a 1995 gmc sierra with a 305 and a 5 speed maual trans. My problem is at start up is goes into gear just fine, but once the engine is warmed up and i start getting traffic lights. Since i have it in nuetral and try to put it in gear it wont go in. In other words can't put it in gear without strugling and grinds when i try to put it in reverese. Has any one had this problem or know what i'm talking about.
  2. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm no expert

I was having some of the same problems with an S-10 I had in highschool... I want to say that It ended up being the pressure plate was worn.

But like I said, I'm no expert.

Out of curiosity, How many people have learned how to drive stick in your truck?
    Marc
  3. ochoa1964

ochoa1964 New Member

i finally figured out the problem, the line rubbed on the body for so long it wore a pin size hole in the clutch line. went to a local auto parts and paid 44dls for a dorman replacement clutch line. And i don't teach nobody how to drive stick.
  4. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect Rockstar 100 Posts

good news

Thats great! always awsome when its a cheap fix. And Great Policy... Not only did I not teach anyone but I am the only person that drives my truck.
  5. ochoa1964

ochoa1964 New Member

not such an easy fix

man i fix one problem then my clutch goes out, what luck. No matter though after this it will run like a champ.
  6. kidashley25

kidashley25 New Member

It is not hard if you know how to drive a manual.
    If you're thinking about changing your transmission: Buy another car with an A/T instead. It is way more cost effective.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    AC Delco Fan Drive Belt - 0.19 in. x 94.5 in., serpentine belt; A high quality, direct fit OE replacement fan belt; Replaces OE number 88932788.
  7. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I was having the same exact problem with my 95 305 5-speed. I just had the clutch replaced and now it shifts like a breeze.