1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Manual window to power conversion

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 1suburban4leo, Mar 28, 2009.

1. 1suburban4leo

1suburban4leo New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name is Leo and I'm from Bakersfield, California. I have a question, Has anyone successfully converted a manual to power window conversion? I have an 05 Silverado single cab, I got all the wiring, door panels with switches, lock modules (power door locks) and fuse box. I assumed it would be plug and play, but is not working. Am I missing something? Does the truck need to be programmed for this option? If there is another way to make it work ???

Please give me advice.

Thank you...

Leo
  2. kcb37

kcb37 Member

Not to say you are wrong but are you sure you have all the parts?
    If so it should be plug and play so far as I know. I will add however because you had manual windows you should have a spot for the fuse for the power windows, but without them no reason to have the fuse. Check to make sure you actually have a fuse in the fuse block.
  3. jhwalland

jhwalland New Member

where did u get all of ur stuff? i would like to do this too....i have a 2006 silverado rcsb
  4. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you have to get it reprogrammed, all the stuff that comes on a truck from the factory is ran through the computer
  5. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

yeah x2 on where you got your parts I am going to try and do this in the future myself.

Thanks