1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

map sensor extended

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bucknasty, Jan 30, 2009.

1. bucknasty

bucknasty New Member

ok so if you have been keeping up on my truck you will know that I put a map sensor in it and thought that it was fixed! well it was still acting up and I didnt have any idea what it was. so..... I broke down and took it in for a diagnostics. The verdict is I have a bad TPS (throttle positioning sensor) apperantly there is a dead spot from 2,000 rpm-3,000 rpm and 3,500 rpm-4,500 rpm in the sensor. so that is why it was acting so stupid! I am going to buy that sensor today and see if I have any more problems. I guess it is a good thing that I replaced all those sensors because their all in line why they have multiple sensors that could do one job I have no idea!
  2. johnsstart

johnsstart New Member

i would be interested in seeing your outcome did the one sensor fix the prob ?
  3. bucknasty

bucknasty New Member

ok so check this out... I got paid today went and bought that TPS sensor put it in. Drove it around and seemed like it fixed the problem but then it went back to the same old b.s. no power has dead spots. cant accelerate up hills. so I went and plugged the computer in and a new code came up.. Random misfires/multiple cylenders.. that really narrowed it down so its going back for a diagnosis tomorrow!!!!