MAP Sensor Location

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Metaluzc, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Started my truck today and had the CEL come on, plug in my DSP to scan the code and it comes back with p0107; Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input. Does anyone have a diagram of where the MAP Sensor is located? I want to check if something came loose before I run out and buy a new sensor.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Below is a Diagram of the 6.0 liter Intake Manifold.....Number #5 in the diagram is the Map Sensor.....hope this helps you out,

[​IMG]

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Before you go and replace the MAP sensor, being that it's a circuit fault that means you have a break in the wire going to it. The design leaves it exposed to the high temperatures of the motor, Just inspect the connector and it's wires for any breaks before you replace. There is also a way to check the MAP sensor by reading the voltage off pin a--pin c, it has to be plugged in and the motor running to check it. It's a major PITA, but it's how you troubleshoot one.

4. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Thanks for the diagram, and I didn't see anything abnormal from the visual inspection, I will have to find something to read the voltage.