1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

mass air flow sensor bad?????????/ where is it located?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jteuban, Jul 20, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. jteuban

jteuban New Member

Hello, I am trying to locate the mass air flow sensor and the map sensor on my 95 Chevy Silverado. This is following up from my last post about engine stumbling/ surging at around 1000 RPMs. I have talked to a few techs and they seem to think my problem is the MAF or the MAP sensor and could also be a vacc leak. I have NO codes and also this has been happening for a long time can someone help me PLZ. Cheers

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The Mass Air flow is between the air intake and the Carb/TB If you have one...

3. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

The Map sensor should be mounted on the intake manifold.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

'95's are TBI and don't have a MAF. They have a MAP sensor, that works off the engine vaccuum. Try finding a shop that has a smoke machine to help locate a vaccuum leak. This machine fills the engine with a smoke and if theres a vac. leak the smoke will leak out there.