1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

MASSIVE Exhaust Pipe on Dodge Ram Truck. Seriously, how big is this? (Photos)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Oct 2, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, I was driving along a few weeks ago and I came across a Ram pickup sitting in a parking lot (I do happen to come across weird vehicles when I do this, don't I?) ... and I couldn't help but notice that the exhaust tip of this truck was pretty huge. More like it has been swollen up from a bad bee sting or something.

So, my question is ... what's the deal with this exhaust tip on this truck? What's the point? Does it serve a purpose at all in helping the vehicle's exhaust system?

20130817_161539.jpg 20130817_161547.jpg 20130817_161600.jpg 20130817_161601.jpg

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thats 8-10 in.. It has the same use as a set of Balls on the back NOTING!! Ever see how small the rear sway bar is on the Ram? :lol:

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I was thinking that maybe he would use that as a cannon or something. Like he could stop and shove something like a cannonball in there and then rev up that strong cummins engine (and I'm not going to knock the cummins diesel) and then once the backpressure got big enough it would shoot out the projectile. That's just a theory though. :)

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think that the guy owns a smart care and e uses the tip as a parking spot for the car.

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Things are bigger in Texas?:neutral::rofl:

6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I am not going to mention where I saw a 1/2 ton chevy with a potato gun next to the exhaust and a remotely controlled air compressor where the PVC was painted as an exhaust pipe....

7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Steve, I saw the same thing back when I worked at Discount Tire. A Dodge Ram had a huge exhaust tip that you could fit your head inside. Like others have said, I don't think it serves any real purpose other than Dodge owners think it looks cool. That said, I just chalk it up to Dodge owners needing to add senseless things to their trucks to make their trucks worth while since Chrysler products are junk.

8. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

That must be the new "Parts Dump Outlet" I've been hearing about. Something about them needing a clear route of egress for their transmission pieces... read it on the internet somewhere.

9. ChevyFan

It's almost like the end of a glasspack or something that was cut off and put at the end of the pipe. ??

10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I bet it wasnt in Kalifornistan