Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Max tire size on Silverado with Rough Country Lift (suspension & body)

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TBCCHEVY, Nov 20, 2011.

1. TBCCHEVY

TBCCHEVY Member

Hey guys come spring I'm going to be installing the rough country 3.5" suspension lift and 1.25" body lift...with 20" rims I'm wondering what the max tire size I can fit will be without rubbing or trimming. Thanks

Matt.

2. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

Depends on the offset and width of your new wheels. If they're wider with less offset than stock, you'll probably get rubbing on the plastic liner even with a 33" tall tire. If you're willing to trim a little you might be able to get a 34" tall tire in there.

However, if you didn't buy the rough country kit yet.. I'd advise against it. I'm replacing the upper ball joints on the kit every 10,000 miles. I'm on my third set already, when these go bad (not if!) the upper control arms are coming off and going in the garbage.

3. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I concur with the above about the quality of the kit. Something around a 33x12 will work on the stock wheels, but not much else without rubbing.

4. TBCCHEVY

TBCCHEVY Member

Oh wow, so what brand lift would you recommend? thanks.

5. RedneckRucker16

RedneckRucker16 New Member

Id stay away from the 20in rims also, there so heavy once you put a lift on there its gonna eat up ur ball joints, inner and outter tie rods, center link, and ur pittman arm. Im still trying to get rid of my 20s lol

6. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i never had any problems with my 20's so far amd i love them im only getting rid of mine cause i wish i went with a 12 or 14 wide rim

7. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

The weight difference between 17's, 18's, and 20's is negligable and hardly enough to affect the suspension.