1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Max Tire Size with 2.5 RC Suspension Lift and 18'' z71 rims?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jd21, Jul 14, 2013.

1. jd21

jd21 New Member

I have a 2013 chevy silverado z71 4x4 and i'm putting on a RC 2.5 suspension lift. I'm looking to put on BFG km2 or toyo open country m/t but i dont know what is the largest size i can put on my factory 18'' rims without any rubbing or cutting of plastic??
  2. On factory rims you can go with 33's
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

Just courious what makes that kit considered a "suspension lift"? It's a level kit with rear blocks correct?

Like ChromeSilver said, 33's on stockers would be your best bet. I stuffed a set of 295/70r17 Nitto's on a 2.25" level and liked it....just had to cut plastic
  4. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

No cutting on my rig with 33/12.50/18's! Look into my garage.......
  5. jd21

jd21 New Member

I just called it a suspension lift because that was what it was called on the site. I'm looking at the 285/70/r18 BFGs KM2.... Anyone know if they will be too big or what? They're 33.7s but I don't know if that is too much or not?
  6. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

If you can get them @ 305/60/18, No Worries!
  7. jd21

jd21 New Member

Max tires

I have a 13 silverado with a 2.5 rc lift and was wondering if I could run 285/70/r18 without having to shave any to little plastic
  8. cain73

cain73 New Member

Not sure about the 33.7 but on my 2010 33.5 fits with no trimming at all with just 2 1/2" level up front with 3" rear block but there's not much room left over up front. that extra .2" might mean some plastic trimming. I went with the Toyo's because I used to have the BFG AT KO's and they are similar in tread, but the Toyo's have a tread warranty where the BFG's have none.