1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Max tire size without any kind of lift modifications

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by allbritton70, Aug 17, 2008.

1. allbritton70

allbritton70 New Member

Hello,

I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Crew Cab, and I am wanting to put BFGoodrich 285 - 70 - 17 size tires on it, but I do not have any leveling kit or lift of any kind on the truck. Does anyone know if that size tire will fit without any lift modification and not rub. I do plan on getting a leveling kit soon to raise the fron end 2 inches, I was going to get the tires first and then the leveling kit. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks,
  2. zippy

zippy Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm not sure why you want tires that don't need any lift, and are then going to get a lift. You may wind up with an "empty wheel well" look.
    The 285/R17s should be fine. If yours is like others, you'll be okay up to 295/70R17 and 33/12.50R17 sizes. A leveling kit is all that is required to run these two sizes on a 17x8 wheel as long as the backspace is 4.25" or greater. You didn't mention what rims you are running.