1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

May 18, 1980 - Mt. St. Helens Eruption!

Discussion in 'WA - Western Washington Chevy Fans' started by ChevyFan, May 18, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

[​IMG]

Wow, THIRTY YEARS?????

Woke up remembering that it's May 18th. I remember May 18, 1980 well, being 6 years old and living in Spokane - the sky got dark backwards - west to east - in the early afternoon and we didn't see the sun for a few days.

Anyone else remember that event, or live through it?

http://www.spokesman.com/video/2010/may/15/finding-frame-famous-volcano-photo/

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I remember it well, we were getting ready to go to BC for a month long fishing trip and my dad decided to cancel because we would have to drive throught the area coming up from Ca. The next summer we drove through and I remember thinking the area looked so desolate and forlorn.

3. Ceej

Ceej New Member

I had to install a new air filter on my car. What a mess.

Thirty years? Dang. Seems like only yesterday. :)

CJ

4. trapperdon

trapperdon Rockstar 100 Posts

was down in cannon beach, Or doing a little touristy stuff & crabbing;
    got stuck in the traffic mess trying to come up past battle ground thanks to the bright engineers
    who built the bridge with only about 12 foot clearance to the once small river under it !! :no:

it got wiped out with the log jam and mud flow and millions of feet of lumber coming down it
    :gasp: