GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

May 2011 ROTM winner- JonJon617

Discussion in 'Ride Of The Month' started by murdog94, Jun 1, 2011.

1. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Congratulations JonJon617 on winning the May 2011 ROTM.

JonJon617

Year/Make/Model: 2003 Chevy Tahoe Ls
    Powertrain: 5.3L V8 Auto
    Tires/Rims: 22" Forte F40 Nokturnal Rims and Sunny Wallani Tires
    Lifted/Lowered: Stock
    Top 5 Mods: "Street Scene" Grille / also Custom Painted Factory Grille with powder coted black emblem for shows, All Black housing LED lights, Sahved and de-baged all around, 3" DJM lowering Kit, Full JL Audio sounds system (2 JL W6V2's powered by 2 JL 500/1 amps)
    Next Planned mod: Full custom cargo area sound system 5 jl w6 subs, 2 1000/1 amps!

[​IMG]
  2. jdennis44

jdennis44 New Member

Congrats man! Thats a great looking Tahoe!!
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

Concrats JonJon617!
  4. JonJon617

JonJon617 New Member

Thanks guys, and i would also like to thank everyone who voted for me it was close!!!!!
  5. jeffro2004

jeffro2004 New Member

Congrats. Your truck isnt jacked up all crazy or some beat up peace of crap Burban. Maybe I will enter mine again since you broke through the ice. I thought mine was a no brainer but the voters didnt think so. Good job bro, That Ho' looks sharp

:party::party::party::party::party::party:
  6. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f New Member

congrats on the win, nice ride
  7. silveradotrailblazer

Hey jeffro2004, thats a good way to get votes making fun of others trucks.
  8. jeffro2004

jeffro2004 New Member

Whatever, I'm not worried about my public image on this forum. It should be what the truck looks like. I put blood sweat and tears into my truck and then I see that guy with that bone stock 80's something Burban win ROTM. I m not saying the lifted trucks look bad nor making fun of them. I am just pointing out the bias towards those vehicle when it comes to voting. For some reason the people on her dont care for street (or at least lowered) vehicles. If you notice I havnt entered mine in a while and most likely wont.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

Well maybe most people on this site like lifted trucks, plus you don't call someones truck" a beat up peace of crap Burb". Maybe he thinks your trucks painted job looks like a cow sh*t on it.
  10. jeffro2004

jeffro2004 New Member

Maybe so but I dont give 2 flying f*cks
  11. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

Congrats and welcome to the ROTM club!
  12. JonJon617

JonJon617 New Member

I agree with this, i have not seen to many "street trucks" on here winning any of the ride of the months which is why i wanted to throw mine in there and it did win and i am honored for that, But at the same time there is alot of jacked up,, stock and some beat up trucks winning the ride ROTM's in here, Jeff got the same taste in truck i do and i feel the same way about seein a 88 burb with a 90 foot lift kit with 85" tires all in primer and some off road lights winning these types of awards, am i the only other person that feels like that????
  13. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

When individual's Customized-est their Vehicle's to a High Level it is to their Taste and Liking.....But keep in Mind that Others May or May Not like the way a Vehicle is Customized-est.......those individual's who Customized-est their Vehicles should be prepared to Accept NOT ONLY the Positive Comments, but the Negative Comments as Well.......Everyone has a Right To Their Own Options,

.....In read the following...."
    I see that guy with that bone stock 80's something Burban win ROTM"....and ...i feel the same way about seein a 88 burb with a 90 foot lift kit with 85" tires all in primer and some off road lights winning these types of awards"....
    .....it leads me to believe that you Guys May Not Have Taken the time to View the ROTM Guidelines Thread....when you 2-Guys have a moment take a look at this Thread, it will give Some Insight and Outlines as to what Kinds of Vehicles Can/Are Nominated,

.....ROTM Guideline Thread,
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...ATION-INFO****

.....Also regarding the "
    It should be what the truck looks like"....Once again Viewing the ROTM Guidelines would have given you some insight, also the individual who has....$10,000 Invested into Their Vehicle and the individual who has....$1,000 invested into Their Vehicle, Keep In Mind, They Both Have....Time.....Work and their hard Earned Money Invested into their Vehicles....

......jeffor2004" when Silvertrailerblazer expressed the following about your Truck..."Maybe he thinks your trucks painted job looks like a cow sh*t on it".....you were Upset-n-Pissed and replied with..."Maybe so but I dont give 2 flying f*cks".......How you think the Member's with 80's Suburban's felt when you expressed..."Your truck isnt jacked up all crazy or some beat up peace of crap Burban"???.....

.....JonJon617.....Now that your a ROTM Winner, you expressed the following..."win and i am honored for that, But at the same time there is alot of jacked up, stock and some beat up trucks winning the ride ROTM's"....I just wonder if you would have Posted This Statement in your Reply....if you were Not a ROTM Winner???.....

....In Closing as I mentioned a few times above, That Reading/Viewing the ROTM Guidelines Thread, would have Answer Most.....if Not All of Your Questions Regarding the ROTM Contest.

....G.M.Truck Club is a Awesome Truck Forum!! and One Of The Reason's Is Because.....
    The Member's Have Respect For One Another....
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  14. silveradotrailblazer

15. stephan

stephan New Member

Congrats on the win. ROTM is the most prestigeous & coveted award on this forum.

LOL, careful with the bickering guys or Traileader will step in & delete the thread:rofl::rofl:
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  16. jeffro2004

jeffro2004 New Member

Maybe he should have the same mentality and not care himself.
  17. b-radical

b-radical New Member

sorry maybe i'm just as blind as a piece of crap, but it doesn't look like there is a 3" drop is on the ROTM tahoe. anybody else notice it?

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

and why does it say both stock and dropped on the description?
  18. JonJon617

JonJon617 New Member

those picks where taken before i put the drop kit on it, it is currently dropped and i am getting the new pics on here when i get a new camera, that is the reason for the stock / dropped reference
  19. b-radical

b-radical New Member

right on, nice work