May be adding a 2011 2LT to the family

Discussion in 'Chevy HHR Forum' started by CaptBob, Mar 17, 2017.

1. CaptBob

CaptBob Member

I will be looking at a 2011 2LT with every bell and whistle,,,,EXCEPT,,, the dredded hole in the roof,, I hate my sunroof. For a 6'2" old man it eats up about 3" of head room,, just enough to be agrivating.

The other thing it does not have is this one I am looking at also has clothe, I will miss the leather,, but every other option it has with the higher standard final drive for less highway RPM's, so it should do a little better on MPG than my L'il Blackie. It it has the 3:94 final drive, gives it some balls but not the best MPG.

The 2.4L the Sport tuned suspention, bright chrome, with all the other goodies, stereo bluetooth, steering wheel controls, power everything, both front seats, and best of all, it only has 38K miles on it. Hope they will take my offer if it is as clean as it looks,, I'll know Monday. If we get it, the wifes G6 is gone, and we will be a HHR Suburban family. Black and silver HHR's in the drive would look pretty cool!

thegawd likes this.
  2. thegawd

thegawd Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

I hope it works out for ya Bob! I have a buddy with one, I forget the year maybe 2004? I like these lil "trucks"!

CaptBob likes this.
  3. CaptBob

CaptBob Member

06 to 11 were the life span of the HHR. I have nice 09 now, I only drive it in the Summer. It's my Summer fish'n machine. That little 4 banger will outrun the Suburban, and gets 30 mile average per gallon, usually around 34 35 on the highway, but get a 10 to 20 mile per hopuir tail wind, and I've got as high as 40.2 on a 250 mile trip.

Why we like em,, well first off their made by GM. But they are a little suburban. I have it setup just like my Suburban. The back seats layed flat, and setup for carrying everything for a fishing trip or camping. I put a trailer hitch on it so I can haul my 15' Aluminum boat. I load the boat for week long trips if I need more rim than I have in the back. But for a guy like me that lives outside, loves to fish and hunt, it's great. When they start salting,, it gets parked and the big dog gets called into service.

If I wasn't retired and still had two paychecks coming in, I'd have two Suburbans, but with the wife retiring in a couple years, well we do a lot of traveling, and that 35 to 40 mpg on them highway trips with lots of room for our gear is great. Then when we want to take the grand kids somewhere to spoil em real good,,,, we got the back seats to handle that!

Here I a, ready for a weekend wading trip with 7' rods for me and my buddy, both are buckets with all our tackle sleeping bags, and tent, spare dry clothes, big cooler for beverages and food, maybe some fish we have a good trip to bring back, Ya I'm rambel'n but you get the picture why I like em,,, almost as much as my Suburban,,,, ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  4. thegawd

thegawd Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

Oh ya his an 07, he has a radio gremlin n needs a new one we determined. Man thats perfect! Fit lots of stuff in it eh! I think when we decide to get a new car we will look at these. I like how they are based on the original suburban.

You look like me when I go fishing, I like to take at least 3 rods all set up different and I dont break them down, they are ready to cast. One day my friends will figure out why I always get in the water first and get the best spot. :) hahaha

Have a good one Bob!

Al

CaptBob likes this.
  5. CaptBob

CaptBob Member

Oh ya All, these rods don't break down,, and that's mine and my buddies mine are the two on the left with the 2 tone cork grips, custom St. Croix Legend Elite blanks built with recoil guides and, being a retired Lake Erie Guide, and a charter boat owner, I always cover all my bases when I head out. But two of that is gear for two, my buddies bucket waders and rods. When we go on a wading trip we always through a spare set of sock's t shirt, and sweat pants,,,, just in case we have a senior moment,,, ya fall down and get wet,,,;)

My love for fishing and hunting carry me away with gear,, fishing I keep 23 complete outfits in the man cave, half of them I had custom made over the years. Then when hunting I get carried away with that also,, currently I am down to 4 bows, but have one ordered for next year, and out of the 3 handguns I hunt with 2 are custom.

When I fell 42' head first in 1991 and nearly killed myself, trying to earn enough for early retirement and have the money to what I love,,, I decided to do exactly that. My wife thinks I do what I do because I fell on my head,,,,, then I loved hunting and fishing so much, I have friends who swear I didn't fall, I jumped,,,,:eek:

But one thing is for sure God was by my side that day and every since we have only grown closer,,, dam life is good!!

thegawd likes this.
  6. CaptBob

CaptBob Member

My hunt continues, just a bit more than I was willing to give without leather, that was the deal breaker. It was loaded up with about all the options but,, I want the leather for the ease of keeping it clean. That and hid closer to 40K than that is did 30K miles matter fer me.

7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My wifes 2008 HHR would've been with her until she couldn't drive anymore if she had a say about it, unfortunately in 2015 with 48,000 on the clock it was totalled. It had every option you could get, leather, heated seats, cruise, tilt, Sun roof, we ordered the vehicle and waited 9 weeks for delivery of the exact one she wanted, down to the Merlo paint color with no roof rack and side steps. I replaced it with a much better vehicle and now 2 years later I'm looking for a replacement for that vehicle since she isn't happy.

8. CaptBob

CaptBob Member

Ya this one had every available option on a 2LT except the hideous hole in the roof,,,,, I hate sunroofs! and cloth instead of leather, unfortunately it had the roof rails.

My 2009 2LT has everything you could order except the roof rails, I only drive it in the spring summer and early fall. 31,000 actual on it right now. It still has the original battery and tires and brakes on it. I would love to find another just like it, scratch that hole in the roof! and keep the mileage under 35K or so. But the search continues! May get lucky and find an SS that would be cool to, I would give her mine and take the SS. This world needs a crazy old man with a super hot go cart w/a body on it run'n loose.

Here it is on the first road trip of the year 2 weeks ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 4:03 PM
    tbplus10 likes this.