1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

May we Never Forget.. 9/11/01...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Here is a pic taken from the back of our boat 2 weeks before 9/11/01 Photo-0241.jpg And one to remember. 911lights.jpg
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Hard to believe that was 11 years ago. I was on my way to work and heard the news.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A little premature, as it's still the 10th ... but the sentiment is there, always.
  4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

I was a federal contractor working for the USPS in their National Support Center when it happened, and we lost contact with the post offices in Lower Manhattan. Everyone was glued to the monitors when it happened.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Steve Can we keep this on top for the day?
  6. I remember that sad day. I was sitting in my 8th grade English class a little after 9 am when my baseball coach at the time came to the classroom and asked for the teacher to step out of class. When they came back into the room he made the announcement about the first plane hitting. I think next period we didn't even have class, we just sat and watch the news.
  7. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Member

I will never forget that day. I went to the Redsox Yankee Game in NY the night before and it rained out, we tailgated in the parking lot for a bit then went home, next day I was at work sitting at my desk across from my co worker who I went to the game with. The owner of the company and I were talking on the phone and he told me what happened, minutes later our controller came running in with the news and the phones went dead. Usually the phone rang nonstop but only 2-3 calls and were relatives telling us the news. We watched the news on a 13" tv and listened on the radio. It was a very sad day I will never forget. My daughter was only 2 months old and now in 5th grade she asks me about what this day means and I tell her the story and how sad it was. I hope my kids will never have to see this type of tragedy ever in their life times.
  8. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member ROTM Winner

I remember everything about that day, I was only 11 at the time. To this day it still gets me when I think about it. I never wouldve thought 11 years later I would be sitting here in taliban country fighting those same masterminds. Its a very hard day here. RIP to those who died that day and every day since then defending the USA!!!
  9. Enkeiavalanche

I live about 25 mi's from the site and I can see the twin lights on now.. If I had the time I would go down tonight but have a all day event to do in the morning..
  10. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

I could care less if he posted this on Easter! 343 firefighters went to work that morning. It was just any other day... they never went home. They were daddies, fathers, husbands, sons, siblings and friends.

Fire and Rescue personnel put their lives on the line every single day to save the lives of strangers. We save good people and bad, without regard to race, color, religion or creed. We help everyone equally and universally. We run to danger while everyone else is running away from it.

It makes absolutely NO difference that Enkeiavalanche made that post late on the night of the 10th. At least the post was made and respect was shown for those who paid the ultimate price for others.

God Bless our nation and God Bless those who dedicate their lives to serve others.

Attached Files: