McGard Tailgate lock.....Anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Enkeiavalanche, Feb 24, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Pretty cool.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Anyone else? Never know how much they make and how big the co is...
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't need it, by the way. I just thought it was darn spiffy. Of course, if you send it my way I'll probably get it to Alox or Nak. :)
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have seen them used. They are pretty nice. I put a handle lock on my 02 when I had it so no one could open the gate to steal it. Plus, it had the ARE lid that went over the gate, that locked also. They would have had to break the lid and the lock to get the gate. I have used the mcgard wheel locks in the past and never had any issues.
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

SurrealOne and I just had a conversation about tailgate locks last week. I would be interested if that was a give away product.
  7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

If they made it for a 2003 I would
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Thanks for the input guys.. I will let you know..
  9. IanF

IanF Member 100 Posts

Have a Pop-N-Lock on my '10 with a tonneau cover, so it is good but not worth the money they charge, OEM would be better. Need to do something on my son's '12 2500 as mhe has it open all the time and was looking at this particular device. Seems it would be a good fit to the problem as he cannot put a tonneau cover on over his welder and rest of the equipment. I would be interested to know if anyone with one's review.
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This company is in Orchard Park, NY An ex's daughter works there. They're bread and butter I believe are locking lug nuts. But they obviously make other things. My gf makes the plastic holders and other plastic pieces at her work for Mcgard. Dont know much else about them.