1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

McGard Tailgate lock.....Anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Enkeiavalanche, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well I just got the OK So I will be giving away 1 on here and 1 on a Avalanche forum . So give me a few days to think of a good way to do this and Keep an eye out... :party:
  2. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I had bought a P&L from 4 wheel parts but it fit like crap and didn't work too well, so I took it back and they had just received these new ones that looked like factory and they sold it to me for the same price as the P&L and they installed it for free because I had just received my tonneau from them and they were installing that too. So far its awesome and I have not had a single problem with it. And it uses the factory keys too. http://www.autoanything.com/hitch-bed-accessories/bolt-tailgate-lock
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Ok that stops the tailgate from opening.. and is $65.00 The McGard stops them from stealing the gate and costs Retail about $25.00 But is you stay tuned till next week I will be giving 1 away for FREE Here...:gasp:
  4. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Well if they can't open the tailgate, they can't steal it right? lol. Guess it's good for those that don't want to lock a tailgate or for the added protection.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Some info for you..

[h=1]Be mindful of the rise in tailgate thefts[/h]

[​IMG]
    By: Restyling Staff
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013

[​IMG]It may be no surprise that tailgate locks are essential for pickups because tailgates can be stolen quickly and easily, but recent news of the rise in U.S. tailgate thefts makes aftermarket locks even more important.
    The rate of tailgate theft claims has been growing since 2009 with an 18% increase projected from 2011 to 2012, according to a first-time report from the National Insurance Claim Bureau (NICB).
    The report examines theft claims submitted to insurance companies during the period of Jan. 1, 2006, through Sept. 30, 2012, when a total of 1,343 claims were generated in 45 states.
    From 2006 to 2009, there were only 23 tailgate theft claims processed, but the number shot up to 430 in 2010 and increased again in 2011 to 472. As of Sept. 30, 2012, tailgate theft claims for 2012 reached 418 with 557 projected for all of 2012.
    The make and model that saw the most tailgate theft claims during the period of the report was the 2008 Ford F-250 with 70 claims, followed by the 2010 Ford F-150 with 48 claims, and then the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado with 39 claims. While the oldest vehicle identified in the report was a 1985 Ford F-150, while the newest vehicles identified included 2012 models of Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC and Toyota pickups.
    The cities where the most tailgate thefts occurred were: Houston (96), San Antonio (70), Dallas (51), Phoenix (36) and Fresno, Calif. (31).
    The NCIB noted that the numbers in its report reflected insurance claims and are not representative of actual theft activity.