GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

mcglynn_m@yahoo.ca

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by mcglynn_m@yahoo.ca, Jan 12, 2011.

1. mcglynn_m@yahoo.ca

mcglynn_m@yahoo.ca New Member

Goodmorning , I`m rebuilding a `96 chevy 2500 ,with a 4L60E trans ,having problems adjusting the****new shift cable ,.. I`m located in the Vancouver area , B.C. , Canada where its snowing right now... got about 9-10" of it this morning . Well can anyone help with this cable problem??????
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

Welcome to the G M T C ! You might get more feedback if you posted the tranny problem in one of the other forums. There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks on the site, good luck!
  3. stephan

stephan New Member

I've found that it's best if you put the shifter & the trans detent in one of the middle gears & adjust the cable there, as opposed to putting it in park or low. It makes it a little easier to get it exact, if it isn't at one end of the throw or the other.
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Welcome to the site!
  5. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

Welcome to the club!
  6. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Welcome aboard!
  7. mcglynn_m@yahoo.ca

mcglynn_m@yahoo.ca New Member

Thank-you for taking the time out to reply, Stephan , I ended up putting old shift cable back in,it worked fine with the band aide i put on it untill i was able to get to the scrap yard and find a good factory used one , (which was still attached but worn thru where heal of boot hits floor from gas petal,hole thru floor mat as well ,lol) , it turns out that it wasnt adjustments or instalation ,but just poor quality cable(one broke and the other one kept jamming) that" Standard" (the company name) has on the market as a replacement (seen pedal bike cables thicker and of better quality ,lol , and they want $220.00 canadian for it) anyhow have a good one......
  8. stephan

stephan New Member

holy crap $220. for a shift cable!! I guess I'm going to start taking better care of mine & if it ever breaks I'll just cut a hole in the floor & tape a stick to the lever to shift it ha ha ha :) Glad you got it fixed....