Me and my GMC

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Turbogus, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Turbogus

Turbogus Active Member 100 Posts

Well ratz, it seems I just had my mutifunction switch go out on me, (no turn signals or Hazard lights) so this latest project will have to wait. The upside is the voltmeter is behaving normally for a change, I wonder how may hundreds of dollars this is going to take out of my welfare budget.

2. xPosTech

xPosTech Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3. xPosTech

4. Turbogus

This truck came fully loaded and the switch indeed has cruise, detented wiper control, etc. as in the latter example. (Thank Heavens it's the cheaper of the two) I looked over the TSM and since I have to pull the steering wheel and diable the SIRS I left it to the shop I bought the truck from. These 12 hour work days leave me little time to work on automotive anymore.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  5. xPosTech

Will be interesting to see what they charge you. GM price for the switch is $386.43. 1AAuto price is $59.95 and $73.95 for Dorman.

Many members have replaced that switch. It's not that hard; just tedious.

Ted

6. Turbogus

Well the final cost was $0.00. The flasher relay had come unplugged from the kickpanel fuse block. Sometimes I can just feel those donkey ears spring up...

[​IMG]

xPosTech, silverado002 and thegawd like this.
  7. thegawd

thegawd Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

great news. I think we all have those moments. you should have seen what I did trying to make my lights worke properly on my boat trailer.... assumin all was well on trailer side I completly took apart all of the wiring truck side only to finally figure out the lights were not receiving a good ground, I ran a ground wire back to one light n tbe problem was solved... about 12 hours later! I sure felt like a dumb ass, still a donkey reference. HAHA

Good stuff!

Cheers man!

8. Turbogus

So, does anyone have pics of where their engine compartment grounds are? I mean for the components as well as the ground straps for these Vortec 350/5.7 motors? I've found the one on the right inner fenderwell that's out in plain sight that goes directly to the Negative Battery Terminal

[​IMG]

9. thegawd

thegawd Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

you have the first one... second is from passanger side firewall under the heater hoses to the frame.

Screenshot_2016-09-29-12-02-05-1517574555.png

then from the frame down through a heat shield and up to the rear passenger side of engine block.

Screenshot_2016-09-29-12-00-451406430579.png

i dont know how the ecm/pcm n whatever else ground to...

10. Turbogus

Right On! That's just what I needed, Thanks thegawd! I continuing my search for the ABS & ECM grounds

thegawd likes this.