Measuring ATF after Vette Servo

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Silverado1500, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

im planning on doing the vette servo this weekend and i was wondering how to measure the correct amount of fluid to put back in after the mod.

which ATF is recommended? dexron IV or VI? i am unsure of what kind of ATF is in it now because it was changed when i bought it used

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I don't think putting the Vette servo is going to change the amount of fluid your tranny requires so I would just replace the approximate amount you drain out & then check with the normal procedure. If you want to get it down to the gnats azz, measure exactly how much you drain out & put that much back in & then double check when you get it warmed up. I don't know which type Dextron your trans takes because you didn't list the year or transmission.

3. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

2000 1500 silverado and i think i have the 4l60e

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

As far as i know GM recommends putting dex VI in all now, check with your local dealer i know we have been doing dex VI in most trucks from 2000 and up, when ever the customer wants to pay for the additive