1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Measuring ATF after Vette Servo

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Silverado1500, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

im planning on doing the vette servo this weekend and i was wondering how to measure the correct amount of fluid to put back in after the mod.

which ATF is recommended? dexron IV or VI? i am unsure of what kind of ATF is in it now because it was changed when i bought it used
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I don't think putting the Vette servo is going to change the amount of fluid your tranny requires so I would just replace the approximate amount you drain out & then check with the normal procedure. If you want to get it down to the gnats azz, measure exactly how much you drain out & put that much back in & then double check when you get it warmed up. I don't know which type Dextron your trans takes because you didn't list the year or transmission.
  3. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

2000 1500 silverado and i think i have the 4l60e
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

As far as i know GM recommends putting dex VI in all now, check with your local dealer i know we have been doing dex VI in most trucks from 2000 and up, when ever the customer wants to pay for the additive