Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Meeting with GM executives in the AM

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 26, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just FYI, tomorrow AM I'll be sitting in on a discussion with two of the top GM executives.

Susasn Docherty, the General Manager of Buick and GMC, and Bryan Nesbitt the General Manager of Cadillac.

Any questions that I should carry with me on the way? Let me know.

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If you get a chance, ask if there are any plans for the Colorado/Canyon line of trucks. After the Iszuzu split, I have not heard anything. I did read that the La. plant would be closing. Thanks!

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think the colorado will be business as usual and that will be a new vehicle launch to replace/update that in maybe 3 years, that's about it. The Silverado outsells by quite a bit and they want to invest in tewchnology for that and then move it down into a smaller truck at some point in the future.

It was a good meeting, 6 of us meeting with GM exec. Got a lot of dirt on the dealer closings (a big point of conversation) and worked that into a conversation about the future of advertising, social media (like this website), eBay and more. They are NOT selling vehicle on eBay, they are using it just as I thought, as lead generation for local dealers. You CAN buy a vehilce through this channel, but really it's lead gen.

More to come later today!

4. Z07

Z07 Member

duramax + allison 'burb?

USB or ethernet jack that allows uploading of MP3 files to the radio head unit and an intuitive interface to the OBD. Cheap devices with internal web servers are everywhere. There's no reason we should have to by special scanners or software for our trucks.

5. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

With a successful unvailing and launch of the long awaited Camaro, would GM consider a modern day reto Blazer with removeable top, like the 1974 K5 series?

Mixing something old with new technology in an off road truck format would be BIG...:great:

6. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wait, hold it... how about a truck with the 1952 5 window pickup styling cues, and all new technology running gear?

[​IMG]
    Man that would rock. Actually, I think Holden has something like that in Australia.
    [​IMG]

7. ChevyFan

Sorry, the meeting was this morning. It was pretty cool, 6 journalists, me and GM executives. Mostly we chatted about the future of GM, the dealer closings, the future of the brands, eBAY, social media, advertising, etc. I guess we talked about a lot.

I've got some notes and I'll post up some highlights pretty soon.