1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Member Occupations ~ What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by FergusonT, Sep 2, 2010.

1. FergusonT

FergusonT Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

What does everybody out there do for a living? Kinda interested to see the types of professions we have throughout this forum.

I work for Dr. Pepper/Snapple group as a warehouse foreman. We distribute soft drinks and juices such as 7up, Dr. pepper, A&W, RC, Snapple, Arizona Teas.....lots of crazy drinks. I get to drive all the big rigs and load them up for the next days routes. Also have to run a crew of about 8 guys, thats if everybody shows up...
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I was a tank mechanic in the army, and now i work in Security Operations for MN Power, the northern Power utility in MN. Its not the type of secuity job that you are thinking about. Basically i am a complete white colar worker, I work in an office, and monitor all on MN powers facilities... As well as the building that i work in, And handle the federal regulations that are impossed by the government since Sept 11... I work by myself in a swing shift set up. Its quite nice to not have other people around at night.
  3. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

dreaming ..of a job !!!!! LOL
  4. SilveradoLS

SilveradoLS New Member

I work for county government, 911 center on the night shift.
  5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am an accountant for Sunbelt Rentals which is a national equimpment rental company basied out of Charlotte, NC.
  6. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I'm going to school to be a vet...working at braums right now lol
  7. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm Civil Engineer. We do just about everything, from the surveying, planning and design to the construction inspections.
  8. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

That sounds like a pretty nice gig actually.

I'm currently a student with a semester left until graduation. I've had part-time jobs here and there. Department of State Narcotics Affairs Section, USAID, Computer Support Technician, etc. Wanting to do work in federal law enforcement, international security, or anything similar.
  9. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Auto body technician at a Freightliner Dealership. fiberglassin, paintin, basic body work, just kinda everything. Get a little into the mechanical too.
  10. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

I drive a truck for FedEx. I haul freight from a local station back to the airport, where it gets loaded on the aircraft. Afterwards, I get stuck doing menial work such as unloading bulk trailers and sorting freight.:grrrrrr: