GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Members from IOWA/Roll Call

Discussion in 'IA - Iowa Chevy Truck Nuts' started by bac-n-afect, Feb 18, 2009.

1. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect New Member

It seems to me that we have way more Ioweegans on this forum than I had previously thought!!!

Stand Up and Be Counted! Show the Forum that WE ARE NOT JUST
    Idiots Out Walking Around... :lol:

Names Marc and I'm from the Quad City Area. Lived in IA my whole life and besides my trip to Australia, No place on earth has come close to beating it! Glad to meet everyone!

:sign0016:
  2. dirtyharry45

dirtyharry45 New Member

Hey!, Dirtyharry45 here from northcentral Iowa Algona area. Just joined the other day and looking foward to the forum.
  3. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect New Member

Welcome to the Forum! Have you seen Gran Torino yet? I'm a clint eastwood fan as well.
  4. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

How's it going guys? How's the weather back there? I'm not in IA but was orginally from back there. I have family in Souix City and planning on heading back there to visit hopefully sometime this year.
  5. silverlight

silverlight New Member

Howdy all, I'm in the Cedar Rapids area.
  6. dangerous dave

dangerous dave New Member

ioweeeeeeegan

transplanted...from socal but found me this hot little iowa girl, and decided to make a new fork in the iowa family tree!! live in the big thriving metropolis of ankeny...
  7. fuzznuts

fuzznuts New Member

hey i'm tyler i grew up in the small town of Vinton its near cedar rapids. I joined the army got orders to germany got deployed to Iraq there. After i got back from deployment i reenlisted for Fort Riley, Kansas it the closest i can get to the great state of IOWA can't wait to go back to iowa. I'm deployed right now for the second time I'll be back home in june.
  8. pickupman21

pickupman21 New Member

Lytton IA small town in northwest Iowa.
  9. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect New Member

Well there are a few more of us that I had guessed! I'd say thats a good thing. A special thanks to the fella from socal for the new fork. Thats good cuz all I had was a spoon. lol

I'm thinking of building an Iowa chapter of the forum. Not anything too involved. I'm thinking It would be more of a forum club to share pictures of the butter cow and well.... Our trucks!

Anyone interested?
  10. 04 crew cab

04 crew cab New Member

From just south of Fort Dodge here.
  11. grog

grog New Member

Hows everybody doing? Madrid is where I hang my hat, its about 15 miles southeast of Ames. I'll be putting on a car show june 13th in Boone. Let me know if any of you Iowa guys can go.
  12. GHeTTo Joe

GHeTTo Joe New Member

im joe from lake mills originall mason city, just off I-35 just before MN.
  13. usetaboost

usetaboost New Member

From Sioux City, Ia. Just bought an 04 Silverado z71 with 47,000 miles. Wasn't really a big truck person but damn it's sure growing on me! It's no caddy but it's got a decent amount of options and add ons. Anyone close by wanna get together and hang out that 's cool with me! Always up for meeting new people. And if anyone is a big G-body or F-body person let me know. I'm really into Grand Nationals (cause I have one) beer, and long walks along the beach:lol: All kidding aside, can't wait to get rolling and join some discussion and figure out what the hell the deal is with the low idle the truck has. Yes I have cleaned the throttle body and MAF
  14. ajax33

ajax33 New Member

Hey everyone, I'm from Coralville/Iowa City. Just bought an 04 Silverado 1500 with 45000 miles, jumped on here after having been on explorerforum.com in the past when I had my Explorer. But I just got rid of the Exploder and here I am.
  15. usetaboost

usetaboost New Member

Awesome! Our trucks are practically twins:sign0011: How far are you from sioux city?
  16. ajax33

ajax33 New Member

I'm a good 5 or 6 hours away from there lol. I defiantly love the truck though thats for sure!
  17. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect New Member

Good to see that you got rid of your exploder!:sign0173: I hope everyone continues to enjoy the forum. Hey USETABOOST did you get the Idle issue hammered out or is it still haunting your red lights?
  18. usetaboost

usetaboost New Member

still does it. Don't know what it is. THink its either plugged up iac, fuel pump (because it seems to lack power) or plugs and wires. Now it get so bad sometimes that it almost dies when I come to a stop. Got no money to throw at it right now but might investigate a little when we get a break from the rain.
  19. SmlBlk-327

SmlBlk-327 New Member

From Cedar Rapids. Grew up outside of Mechanicsville. The family and I were gone for over 20 years before I retired from the Navy. Been back for 10yrs.
  20. 03HeavyHalf

03HeavyHalf New Member

Hey Im originally from the Mount Vernon area but recently moved to CR. Whose close?