Members wanted to help on member benefits

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jan 23, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We've got too much on our plate here and we'd like to see if some members on here would like to help our with a members benefits project.

Basically, we'd like to use the power of this site to help pull in benefits, discounts and more for members. Some thoughts would include calling around to the travel groups like AAA to see if we can get a big group discount, maybe a national/regional car was chain giving some free coupons, stuff like that.

If your interested please PM me, I'd like to get this project up and running next month.

2. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Steve, Autozone and some of the parts store offer discounts to car clubs with membership cards. Another Forum I am on made cards for the members that requested them.

3. ChevyFan

That's exactly what we need to get started. Real-life benefits to members on this site that want to sign-in for discounts like this.

4. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

In my travels across the states I could stop at some of the chains and see what could be done.

5. Skarch

Skarch Rockstar 100 Posts

How about getting one of the local GM dealers to give us a break on parts/service?

6. ChevyFan

Well, it's going to have to be a national thing, I guess we could break it down into regions, but that's a lot more work. Maybe for phase 2.

7. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Like things like group buys on parts etc ?

8. ChevyFan

Exactly! I'm so busy I can't see straight though, that's why I need help. We'll get this up and running and hopefully can offer some more great member benefits each month.

9. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

we should also have this section locked for members only ..since i get these little discount coupons ranging from 20% to 15bucks off including free shipping i could post them but i dont want the leechers(guests) getting them :)

10. Skarch

Skarch Rockstar 100 Posts

On my VW forum, there is a dealer in PA that will drop ship to any location at cost+10%. I use it on lighter weight things where the shipping doesn't kill me.