Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Memorial Day Imagery

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by adampaul1964, May 29, 2011.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ever since 9/11, Grove Crane (Manitowoc) have been displaying the flag suspended from one of their cranes on Memorial Day. When they first put it up the day after 9/11 it was quite a stirring site as you drove up P.A route 16 towards their plant, and now every Memorial Day we are given the same stirring reminder. The picture doesn't do it justice as the flag is visible a half a mile away through an avenue of trees. Just for the record I used to work there 10 years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course one of the most recognizable images of America!
    I took this on a visit 5 or so years ago.

[​IMG]

Just thought I'd share, as even though I'm British I am proud to be "American"

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thanks for the pictures it seems that to many people just ignore the flag and what it stands for....

3. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Awesome pictures!! That is really cool that they do that

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Very nice... Great pics.. I see flags hanging from crains all over this past week..

5. Junkhead

Junkhead New Member

nice pictures

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

It's always nice to see Ol' Glory flying high and proud.

7. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

X 10 !! :great: