Memorial Day in USA - Plans?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, May 29, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just curious what people are planning for Memorial day? We're going to visit some of my wife's family up in Sherman tomorrow and will think about looking for a parade or something to go to on Monday. Since school just got out, we'll be going to the pool later today as they're opening it up full time for the summer and just get the house cleaned up and better organized. I have some light yard-work to do as well.

Might be going to Phoenix to see my folks and my brother and sister and their kids early in June too, that's later on of course.

Anyhow, Memorial day will be pretty low-key for us.

2. trapstud

trapstud Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Not much planned here. It will be my first full weekend off in two months. Hoping to take the kids fishing.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Since the wife, daughter, and daughters boyfriend gotta work, and none of my co-workers got back to me about going out to the lake on the boat I started up the grill about 6am.
    Thats 22lbs of pure Texas Brisquit smoking away.
    I used three different types of meat rub, a mix of Hickory and Mesquite smoking chips, and a can of Miller Light to keep things moist while its cooking.
    Unfortunately I'm down to 2 cans of ML left so I gotta save tose for the meat, hopefully the wife got my voicemail to bring home some more beer after work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. trapstud

trapstud Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That's some dedication to food!!!

5. bama dave

bama dave Member

no real plans here. just ride around Iraq and look for things that go boom LOL

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yea I know givin up beer to cook the brisquit with is almost un-American, luckily the wife just got home with a fresh 12 pack so I'm good for a few more hours.

7. detailjohn

detailjohn Rockstar 100 Posts

BBQ!!!!

Go to Parade for Memorial Day....

God Bless America!!!

:great:

8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Gonna get off work at 6am, got home and sleep, and fix up my boat for fishing tuesday afternoon. (i think since my boat has a chevy motor its got the same attitude as my truck where if i dont work on it weekly it gets mad, and breaks), Go hang out with the family some as well since they are coming up from Minneapolis. Should be a very low key relaxing day. My first Memorial day off in 10 years.

9. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

talking the boat out on Sunday then visiting the parents on Monday

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thanks for your service to the country, keep your eyes wide open, not that I have to tell you. :great: