1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Memory seats acting crazy

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Pikey, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hello,
    My wife and I just bought a 2003 Yukon XL. The memory seats worked well for a couple weeks. Now if i get in and press the #1 or #2 button it moves ALL the way forward. If I press the exit button it moves all the way forward. I tried reprogramming the settings and get the same issue. When I get in with the key fob everything is where I left it the day before. Any ideas? Thanks
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hey [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION], when you reset the power seats in your Silverado, does it work for a short period of time or are you not able to program it at all now and it just goes forward all the way all the time?
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey Steve, I can reprogram them and they work OK for a while. Then my wife will drive and use the #2 setting, I get back in, hit #1 and eat steering wheel. I know, the solution is to not let her drive. It will go between both settings fine a few times and then all forward.