1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Memory settings

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by sierra11, Jul 5, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. sierra11

sierra11 New Member 100 Posts

Okay so I got my truck about 2 weeks ago and it has the memory seating/mirrors/radio stations. Well its driving me nuts, I have reset it all to the way I want it several times but it still changes back. Is there any way to just turn it off so that it just stays in the same setting no matter what?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Have you read the owners manual?
  3. sierra11

sierra11 New Member 100 Posts

yep it just tells you how to change them to your personal settings. For some reason it keeps going back to the settings the guy before me had. Do you think if I disconnected the battery it will clear it all?
  4. Big_Ben

Big_Ben New Member 100 Posts

Disconnecting the battery might work. I would try that first. If not, let us know and I will look into it further for you.
  5. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

I would be happy to look into this for you as well. In order to do further research, I will need the VIN for the vehicle. Feel free to contact me via private message as well. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Are you using the same key fob and key every time you get in? If you use different key fobs it will change to the settings for that remote.