Merry Christmas All!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by thegawd, Dec 24, 2016.

1. thegawd

thegawd Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

Merry Christmas from my family to yours! Have a good one all!

CHEERS!!!

p.s... my chickens are happy cuz its a turkey day... got a Home Grown turkey roasting in the oven right now!!! ;)

2. xPosTech

xPosTech Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Al.

Merry Christmas to all of you out there and hope you're staying warm.

It's supposed to be 77°F here tomorrow. My sister likes to crank the AC way down so we can light the customary Yuletime fire in the fireplace. It's a Buck high efficiency so even a small fire heats up the entire house. I'll probably have to head to the garage to cool off.

Y'all have a great Christmas.
    Ted

Hightower and thegawd like this.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Merry Christmas guys. We have rain in the forecast, going up to +11c (about 52F) by late afternoon today, I think the forecast for tomorrow is around 5c.
    No snow for the sled, I hear he uses booster rockets in warm weather areas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Hightower, xPosTech and thegawd like this.
  4. thegawd

Screenshot_2016-12-24-13-48-41-1-1114040357.png

It should be a white Christmas here but thats only because we all ready got a foot of snow a couple weeks ago. the snowman the kids made is now only a lump of snow, but it's still there! LOL. the snowmobiles have been out quite a bit until the snow started melting. I would like to get a sled to ride around the farm here and help me to get wood out of the bush but instead I came across something way more universal and can be used all year, especially in the mud. its a 1971 playcat, a dual tracked vehicle and pretty darn cool. its kinda like a mini argo. It needs some work. I hope its still available when we can fit it in the budget, gotta fix the wifes car first. ever heard of one of these? heres a pic... not the same one for sale here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Hightower likes this.
  5. kennythewelder

kennythewelder Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

78 F today, maybe 80 F tomorrow IDK. Christmas is hard for us, it was my son's birthday. This is the 2ed Christmas with out him, and it isn't any easier that last year. Enjoy what you guys and galls have, once your loved one is gone, there is no way to get them back. Sorry for the doom and gloom guys, its just hard with our son gone.

6. thegawd

I totally understand Kenny, you take it easy man.

kennythewelder likes this.
  7. kennythewelder

Thanks Al

thegawd likes this.
  8. xPosTech

xPosTech Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I wish I could say it'll get easier but I can't. I lost my Dad Christmas of 93 and my sister Christmas of 94. I lost my sister the same way you lost your son.

On a happier note her granddaughter is one month old today.

Ted

9. kennythewelder

Thanks for the support Ted. Happy birthday to your Granddaughter.

xPosTech likes this.
  10. kennythewelder

I have a 1/2 of a brisket that I stuffed with onions, garlic, and bell peppers all chopped up and inserted in slits I cut in the brisket. It is seasoned an siting in a browning bag. I will add 2 or 3 onions and 4 or 5 potatoes before I put it in the oven tomorrow. Also we will make a green bean casserole, some cajun rice dressing, some baked beans, and they gave me a gift card to Logan Farms at work so I got my ham yesterday. My wife also picked up some cookie doe, ready to bake, so we will not go hungry tomorrow, and will have a plenty of leftovers. We have a seal-a-meal so I can freeze any leftovers as a plate lunch. It will be just the wife and I tomorrow, so a quite day will be a good thing.

Hightower, xPosTech, RayVoy and 2 others like this.