1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by Coach24, Nov 11, 2011.

?

Merry Christmas or happy Holidays

Poll closed Dec 26, 2011.
  1. Merry Christmas

29 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Happy Holidays

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

They started to put out the Christmas stuff around here the same time they put out the Holloween stuff.
  2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Dang they hadn't even thought of plucking turkeys here before they were selling XMAS tree decorations. Wouldn't it be nice to go back in time where they actually waited for one holiday to end before moving to the next?
  3. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

My vote made this poll 17/0. There are some smart comments in this thread!
  4. ebigfish

ebigfish New Member

can do...

HE'S A JACKASS!

Let's make him a ONE TERM JACKASS!
  5. espdp2

espdp2 New Member

Happy Holidays!!

A good reminder from attorney Kelly Coghlan...

"Every year at about this time, in our schools and in the market place, there seems to be confusion about the name of the holiday that occurs on December 25th. All federal holidays (and there are 10 of them) are created by federal law under the United States Code, 5 U.S.C. Section 6103. Each of the ten federal holidays is listed and named in this statute.

To view the federal statute, click here on the website http://law.justia.com/us/codes/title5/5usc6103.html.

The official federal holiday that occurs on December 25th is "Christmas Day." It is the only federal holiday in December. Therefore, all of us in America should not hesitate to wish everyone "Merry Christmas." By doing so, we are merely using the official and correct name of the federal holiday, as provided by federal law. One is operating on a sound legal basis when proclaiming "Merry Christmas" (and asking schools and companies to call the holiday by its correct federal name).

What about "Happy Holidays"? We also have a federal holiday named "Labor Day," but we don't go around wishing everyone "Happy Holidays" leading up to the first Monday of September. Why should Christmas be any different? We should all call the holiday by its official legal name as stated in federal law: "Christmas." Few people know this. Pass it on. Merry Christmas!

Sincerely,
    Kelly Coghlan"

I whole-heartedly agree, but I might start saying "Happy Holidays" for all of the other holidays, just to be ornery!
  6. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think the poll results say it all for this one.
  7. davbell22602

davbell22602 New Member

Merry Christmas
  8. '99Suburban

'99Suburban New Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! It's been like that for the past umpteen years and I'm not about to change it!
  9. tiltonb

tiltonb New Member

Merry Christmas. Even at work where I am supposed to be politically correct and am expected to say happy holidays.