1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Message Center Battery Light

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by trapper_canada, Apr 19, 2010.

1. So the battery light/picture keeps showing up on my message center. It will come on for a bit then go away. Sometimes when I accelerate/downshift it pops on...sometimes when I start out.

Can someone tell me what this light means? I haven't detected any starting / battery issues...

Thanks

(2000 GMC Sierra)
  2. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Put a voltmeter on your battery and have someone start the truck and see how far it dips. Then see if the battery is being charged while the truck is running.
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

does it happen often? Here's a question - do you have a remote starter? If so, does it only happen when you remote started the truck before driving it. Mine flashes the battery lights AND resets the gauge cluster randomly, but only if I remote started it and never turned it off before I drive. Other than that, check the battery as suggested above, and your alternator.
  4. I don't have a remote start. I'll check the voltage when I get home.