Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Messed up stereo in 99 Tahoe - Wiring diagram anyone?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Meathead, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Meathead

Meathead New Member

I bought my 99 Tahoe with an aftermarket pioneer stereo already in it and it's 10 different levels of being messed up.

Only the front speakers are working properly. I assume the rears just weren't hooked up at all maybe.

Anyhow, I have since installed a 10 disc changer and everything works fine except I can't find where those speakers lead to. I would just like to splice them into either the front or back speakers for sound out of them, but I can't find where they go.

If I have to re-wire them, how should I go about it? I know people re-wire stuff all the time, I've just never done it. I want a good sounding system.

2. kamikos

kamikos Rockstar

There should be a factory amp that affects the rear speakers, you'll want to locate it and make sure it is not your problem.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Unless you're putting a bunch more power to some bigger speakers in the rear ... re-wiring is not the solution for you. Should be able to use a voltmeter to figure out which wires are which and then make your conenctions from that. I think you can find a diagram for the schematics of the stereo wiring in a good exhaustive how-to manual. Have to check to see if I can find one.

4. dexterdog

dexterdog New Member

It sounds like someone cut some wires and didn't get a adapter plug.
    I don't know if that is the case but if the factory plugs are still there head down to your local car audio store.

5. CompToyZ

CompToyZ New Member

I had something similar happen when I wired my deck, turns out theres an amp lead there that most people forget(like I did lol) check that the blue wire is hooked up.