Messed up stereo in 99 Tahoe - Wiring diagram anyone?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Meathead, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Meathead

Meathead New Member

I bought my 99 Tahoe with an aftermarket pioneer stereo already in it and it's 10 different levels of being messed up.

Only the front speakers are working properly. I assume the rears just weren't hooked up at all maybe.

Anyhow, I have since installed a 10 disc changer and everything works fine except I can't find where those speakers lead to. I would just like to splice them into either the front or back speakers for sound out of them, but I can't find where they go.

If I have to re-wire them, how should I go about it? I know people re-wire stuff all the time, I've just never done it. I want a good sounding system.

2. kamikos

kamikos Rockstar

There should be a factory amp that affects the rear speakers, you'll want to locate it and make sure it is not your problem.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Unless you're putting a bunch more power to some bigger speakers in the rear ... re-wiring is not the solution for you. Should be able to use a voltmeter to figure out which wires are which and then make your conenctions from that. I think you can find a diagram for the schematics of the stereo wiring in a good exhaustive how-to manual. Have to check to see if I can find one.

4. dexterdog

dexterdog New Member

It sounds like someone cut some wires and didn't get a adapter plug.
    I don't know if that is the case but if the factory plugs are still there head down to your local car audio store.

5. CompToyZ

CompToyZ New Member

I had something similar happen when I wired my deck, turns out theres an amp lead there that most people forget(like I did lol) check that the blue wire is hooked up.