Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Metra

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by '94_Chevy_Step, Jan 1, 2010.

1. '94_Chevy_Step

'94_Chevy_Step New Member

Hey everyone and Happy New Year! Looking into buying the Metra Dash adapter kit for aftermarket head units (model number 99-3000) for a 1994 Silverado. Has anyone used this product yet? Also, will I need to purchase some sort of harness for my new head unit? Thanks in advance!

Dave

2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I have used those adapters alot with my old truck... Very good product... I actually have an extra black one laying around my house somewhere... LoL

3. '94_Chevy_Step

Thanks...

Triton! I figured that the dash insert would be a good buy. How about a Harness? I've heard that I might need a GM Harness for the aftermarket radio? Is this true or am I good to go and press on? Thanks in advance!

Dave

4. TritonBoulder47

You'll need the wiring harness, they make life easier... Crutchfield should have what you need... They are who I used when I did the stereo on my '91 Z71...

5. '94_Chevy_Step

Crutchfield

Thanks bud! I took your advice and went with Crutchfield and I'm glad I did. They had everything I needed and now just need to wait and get it. I went to ebay and found a dash cubby insert for $6 to replace the old radio spot. I thought this would work just find for a space filler. Thanks again!

Dave

6. TritonBoulder47

No prob man... Glad I could help...:great: