Metra

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by '94_Chevy_Step, Jan 1, 2010.

1. '94_Chevy_Step

'94_Chevy_Step New Member

Hey everyone and Happy New Year! Looking into buying the Metra Dash adapter kit for aftermarket head units (model number 99-3000) for a 1994 Silverado. Has anyone used this product yet? Also, will I need to purchase some sort of harness for my new head unit? Thanks in advance!

Dave

2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I have used those adapters alot with my old truck... Very good product... I actually have an extra black one laying around my house somewhere... LoL

3. '94_Chevy_Step

Thanks...

Triton! I figured that the dash insert would be a good buy. How about a Harness? I've heard that I might need a GM Harness for the aftermarket radio? Is this true or am I good to go and press on? Thanks in advance!

Dave

4. TritonBoulder47

You'll need the wiring harness, they make life easier... Crutchfield should have what you need... They are who I used when I did the stereo on my '91 Z71...

5. '94_Chevy_Step

Crutchfield

Thanks bud! I took your advice and went with Crutchfield and I'm glad I did. They had everything I needed and now just need to wait and get it. I went to ebay and found a dash cubby insert for $6 to replace the old radio spot. I thought this would work just find for a space filler. Thanks again!

Dave

6. TritonBoulder47

No prob man... Glad I could help...:great: