Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Mexico vs. USA/Canada built gmc

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by MTD515, Mar 31, 2011.

1. MTD515

MTD515 New Member

Does anybody know if the hood and front fenders are interchangable between Mexico built and US/Canada built GMC Sierra/Yukons. I have Mexico built truck. I have looked at both but have not done a side by side comparison and they look identical. Does anybody know the difference?:grrrrrr:

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

They should be....body parts you should be ok.

Was it built there but sold here? That makes a difference... I have seen chevy trucks built and sold in Mexico that had a 2007 body but had a tranny from a 2004.

Why you ask? Well....it was a tranny lying around the plant so why not use it! Last time I was at the local dealers body shop he showed me 2008 Denali that was sold in Mexico that was here for some body work.

It had a motor and tranny from a 2006 silverado. It came off the lot NEW like that!

This guy bought a 2010 Denali here but drives it from Chiuahua mexico for all its up keep because he doesnt even trust the dealerships there!

3. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

God bless the USA! Atleast we get the more recent parts.

4. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

x2, if it was made there and sold here, it's identical, they have the same parts in all plants, now QA for mexican destined vehicles...i don't even want to know lol