Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Mice in My Apartment

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by MWright936, Jan 22, 2009.

1. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It's amazing where those sneaky little critters can get! I figured I was safe from rodents in a place like a pretty new apartment complex. I was wrong. One scared the crap outta me yesterday in my pantry, so I have been setting traps. The body count is up to 3 now. This means war!!!

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It's quite amazing once you start to nab the little suckers how many you actually get.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

WOw, THREE? That's not a good sign if you got Three! In the past 10 years I've seen two in the house and I got both of them, but three in a short period of time ... means war. Maybe you got a messy neighbor who's leaving food and stuff out attacting them??

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Better hope mouse mating season hadnt started yet:fighting0098:

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

my uncle has mice real bad in his garage. he said the most effective way to catch them is to get a metal trash can, pour enough dog food of shelled corn or whatever to cover the bottom, take a yard stick and lay from a shelf or counter top to the trash can, and they will follow thr yardstick and jump into the can unable to climb, chew, or jump out. he said in a week ha caught 25 mice!

6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Holy Crap thats alot of meeses!!!

7. dlr328

dlr328 New Member

do you have a cat? if not, then it is time to get one..they are awesome when it comes to getting them...

8. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nope, no cat. As far as I can tell, the only place they have been is my pantry. How they got there is still beyond me, but I couldn't find sign of them anywhere else. There's 6 traps in my pantry, and it's a small pantry, so hopefully, if there are any more, I'll get em.

9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I had a problem with mice a few months ago, (the yard cats scared them all inside and the inside cats are to well fed to hunt them) our critter catcher at work told me the best two ways to catch mice were to put pieces of Slim Jim on a sticky trap, or use something similiar to what Cascot325 suggested. You dont need to put a walkway across for them though, just put the can close enough so they can jump onto it from something they can climb on, also he recommended cutting a hole in the center of the lid to keep them in, sometimes they can jump out if theres no lid.

10. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is nasty....Get some!

[ame="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI"]YouTube - Full Metal Jacket- Get Some[/ame]