1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mickey Thompson Wheels

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by groceryman, Aug 10, 2009.

1. groceryman

groceryman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I am looking into getting some mickey thompson classic 2 wheels i dont want them to stick out past the fenders so what is the deal with the offset what do ineed to be looking for
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've always liked the M/T's myself. I don't know how much "back spacing" you will need to look for, but if you can measure the back spacing on the stock OEM wheel it should get you close. Good luck!
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Offset between 31mm and 18mm should fit nicely. 31mm will have an 8.5" wheel sitting flush with the fenders,(without flares), then the less positive offset you have, the more they will stick out.
  4. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

stock rims for the 2500 are 16x7 with 5" backspacing and i believe 0mm offset. So if u want to stay with 16s then find a 16x8 rim with 4.5" backspacing with positive offset u should be pretty close.
  5. groceryman

groceryman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Thanks for all the help