Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Mid 90's 350 bolt up to an 86 silverado?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Daniel, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Daniel

Daniel New Member

The title pretty much says it all.
    I have a friend who's selling a mid 90's 350 for $300 and theres absolutely nothing wrong with it. I drive a 1986 silverado with a poorly running 305. I need to know if this 350 will bolt up to my truck and what all needs to be done.
    The guy says it will, but I wanted outside opinions.

All posts are appreciated.

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I would think it would "bolt up" without any problem, but the computer controls might be a different matter. That is the thing you need to check into. Good luck!

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Along with the OBD electronics issue theres some issues with the intake and exhaust manifold ports matching up. All items can be overcome but the cost to overcome these obsicles may make your bargain engine a little expensive when it's all finished.

4. smpoulin1

smpoulin1 Member

Your truck came with a computer controlled carb, the one you are looking at came with everything computer controlled. Depending on what year the engine is you may need a vortec specific intake manifold. You will have to swap all of your accessories over the the "new" engine. You may also have to change the gear at the base of the distributor.

5. easttexan

easttexan New Member

bolt up YES, work...YES, but u will have to have the complete wiring harnes and computer 4 that truck w/ the 350 !!, also ck tranny, sure it will bolt up, but ur 86 tranny is not computer controlled, but i'm sure the mid 90's is...