Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Might buy a 1987 Chevy truck...

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by todd5854, Jul 27, 2011.

1. todd5854

todd5854 New Member

Hey guys, I'm Todd this is my first post here.

Someone near my house offered me to buy his 1987 Chevy truck (Don't even know what model yet), which spun a rod bearing, a few years ago. It's been sitting.

He told me the truck is mine for $300.. no title. (I need help on that one)

All I know is that the truck is black, and has power windows, and air conditioning, has a V8 motor and automatic transmission. It didn't look too rough but I'm going there tomorrow to visit and maybe take a few pictures.

My question is, what kind of motor should I be looking for to replace the bad one? Also, does an '87 truck like this have a computer of any kind? That's another worry of mine because if I can't find a motor specific to this truck, I wouldn't know what to put in there...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Todd