Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

milage to high???

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by aqua750, Jul 25, 2012.

1. aqua750

aqua750 New Member

I m thinking of buying a 1999 suburban wih 190000 miles is that to many miles 3990 dollars
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That is a tough call................ if they are all unloaded highway miles and the engine was properly maintained, that is not a lot of wear.

If however, the miles were accumulated on rough stop and go streets, the mileage might be too high. If the mileage was accumulated towing a heavy trailer in a hilly environment, the mileage is too high.
  3. oldmanstruck

oldmanstruck Member

that's an average of 15K mile/yr which is pretty normal. As RayVoy mentioned, if they used it for towing, it might have a lot of stress on the engine and tranny. However, I do wonder in normal driving condition, how many miles can you ususally get out from the chevy V8. 250Kmiles? anyone has more than that on their suburban without any major issue?
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I agree with [MENTION=12865]ray[/MENTION]Voy all depends on how it was driven and maintained. I got my 96' Tahoe with about 193,000 or so miles on it for 3,500. Which is about 10% of its original cost, but the original owner drove only highway and never towed with it. Also spent most of its life parked in a garage instead of parked out side like it is now. Best idea when you go to look at the truck is check under it for rust have, the owner start it and let it run, and ask about how it was maintained and how it was driven and where it was kept, and so on.
  5. bazar01

bazar01 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I have a friend with a 2001 Z71 suburban that has 240k miles and still going strong. They thought the rear diff locked up but it turned out to be the rear park brake issue. Still driving it after they got the parking brake issue fixed. They don't tow anything though.